We are “Cheryl Christiansen & Associates” re-branded
Why engage us?
Our team is compassionate, strong and dedicated to looking after your best interests.
We have over 60 years combined legal experience and the temperament to gently guide you
through some of the most stressful and trying times in your life.
We look at your individual circumstances to ensure that all legal aspects of buying, selling and protecting your
property interests are identified, considered and dealt with.
When it matters, get professional legal advice.
Our expertise in the areas of our regular practice, together with our principal’s extensive experience in law, qualify us to provide you with a competent and holistic service. This includes identifying circumstances where you may also need succession, tax, general financial or family advice. We pride ourselves on providing a friendly and professional service with all advice given in Plain English.
Don’t be lured into taking unnecessary risks with one of the most important and expensive dealings of your life –
Contact our office:
Shellharbour: (02) 4208 0000
Liability limited by a Scheme under Professional Standards Legislation. Legal Practitioners who are directors of or employed by CBT Law Pty Ltd (ABN 58 121 889 263) are Members of this Scheme.
Wills & Powers
Who’s Making Decisions for You When You Can’t?
Our service includes reviewing old documents (free of charge) and Drawing new or up-dated documents as required – tailored to your individual personal and family circumstances including any business or trust interests.
We operate a free safe-custody service for our clients and always provide you with a certified copy of your completed documents to keep with your other important papers.
* Decide who you wish to benefit from your nett estate and how
* We will attend you signing your Will to ensure it is validly executed
Powers of Attorney
* We can provide a Certificate so your POA operates if you lose mental capacity
* We will arrange for your attorney to execute their acceptance of appointment
* Where necessary, we will arrange for registration at Department of Lands
Powers of Guardianship
* We arrange for your Guardians to receive the required legal advice to accept appointment
* If we can attend on your Guardians ourselves for acceptance, there is no additional charge
Whether your deceased loved-one left a Will (prepared by us or not) or if they did not leave a Will, we can assist. Our service includes:
* Placing Notices on Supreme Court Register
* Drawing the relevant Summons and all other documents required to be filed in Court
* Attending to any requisitions of the Court
* Arranging for sale or transfer of estate assets
* Arranging for taxation of the estate where necessary
* Distribution of the estate in accordance with the Will or legislation (where there is no Will).
Sales & Purchases including for: Retail, Commercial
Companies, Partnerships, Sole Traders.
Sales & Purchases
* Preparation/inspection of Contracts
* Considerations regarding GST, CGT, employees, leased equipment, stock, supply
* Agreements, leased premises and franchises.
Whether Retail or Commercial – inspecting or preparing Leases with special consideration to length of Lease, rent review terms, options to renew, lessee’s obligations regarding maintenance and other contributions and the lessor’s obligations.
Meet our team
Get in contact with us today.
We will get back to you as soon as possible !